Additive Manufacturing

JUL 2018

ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING is the magazine devoted to industrial applications of 3D printing and digital layering technology. We cover the promise and the challenges of this technology for making functional tooling and end-use production parts.

Issue link: https://am.epubxp.com/i/1000502

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 12 of 60

JULY 2018 Additive Manufacturing NEWS 10 Stephanie Hendrixson / Senior Editor rapidly transferred from the com- ponent to the cloud. The method provides greater design freedom and enables sensors to provide up-to-date information such as maintenance status without breaks in production. Possible applications include industrial manufacturing, energy, mining and transport, and other demanding conditions where sensors and wiring protected inside a component would be desirable. vttresearch.com SIAEC, Stratasys Joint Venture to Establish AM Center SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) and Stratasys have signed a joint venture agreement to establish a service center in Singapore that will provide 3D-printed parts for use in commercial aviation. Under the agreement, SIAEC will have a 60 percent equity stake in the joint venture, with Stratasys holding the remaining 40 percent. stratasys.com UAMMI to Produce 3D-Printed Parts for the U.S. Air Force The Utah Advanced Materials & Manufacturing Initiative (UAMMI) has been awarded nearly $1 million in federal funds for a two-year proj- ect to produce carbon composite additive manufactured parts for the Air Force, with a focus on parts for legacy aircraft. The goal of this proj- ect is to prove out and accelerate Composite-Based Additive Manu- facturing (CBAM) technology and to build a body of CBAM knowledge for replacement of non-critical parts such as electrical connectors, instru- mentation knobs, wiring harnesses and small brackets. UAMMI's additive manufacturing team will manu- facture parts at the Utah Science Technology and Research Initiative (USTAR) Innovation Center using a carbon-based 3D printer that will be provided by project partner Impossi- ble Objects. Testing of the parts will be conducted by additional project partners, the University of Utah's Utah Composites Lab as well as the Ogden Air Logistics Complex. uammi.org / impossible-objects.com Siemens Launches AM Network Siemens has launched the Additive Manufacturing Network, an online collaborative platform designed High resolution parts produced with standard MIM powders . ExOne ® We are Binder Jetting Realize your vision Visit ExOne at IMTS in Chicago, IL from September 10 - 15, 2018 Booth 432308 (West Hall)

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Additive Manufacturing - JUL 2018